Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Local Social Summit 2009
Tuesday, November 3, 2009 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (GMT)
London, United Kingdom
Local Social Summit: “Connecting with Consumers where Local meets Social”
Local Social is the first and only summit for leading media owners (directories, news, TV, radio and social networking), retailers and advertisers who are driving digital innovation in the local and social media space across Europe. We think this "local content meets social media" is an important area, and one that is under-explored. The conference will look to open up debate across multiple industry sectors. With a focus on what works and what trends are emerging as local and social media continue to change how consumers engage with brands, content and each other.
- Date: Tuesday, 3rd of November 2009 – 9.30-17.00
- Venue: Institute of Contemporary Arts, London SW1Y 5AH
- Format: Keynotes, Interactive Panels and Networking Sessions
- Who: This event is being produced Local Social Lab (curated by Dylan Fuller & Simon Baptist) and the Profero Connect Team
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Event site: http://www.localsocialsummit.com/
- Summary of Schedule -
- 8:30 – 9:30 | Morning Networking
- 9:30 – 12:30 | Keynote & Morning Panels
- 12:30 – 1:30 | LUNCH
- 1:30 – 5:00 | Afternoon Keynote & Sessions
- 5:00 – 7:00 | Networking Reception & Drinks
- Agenda at a Glance -
- “The Opportunity of Social Media”
- “Making sense of the networked audience: The case of Facebook"
- "Decoding Generation Y – Who really has digital friends?"
- "Hitwise Goes Postal"
- Social Media Marketing – The Rules are Changing
- Local Gets Social – The Impact of User Generated Content & the Promise of Real-Time Search
- Local Content & Monetisation – The View from Europe
- Mobile – The Future of Apps is Bright
Lab: What does the Perfect Local Media Company Look Like in 5 Years Time?
Speakers at the Local Social Summit will include:
Companies: Akesios, Amino Tech, Associated Northcliffe Digital, BBC, Brownbook, Cloudmade, Decode, European Directories, Hitwise, Lingospot, Müller Medien, Plazes.com (Nokia), Praized Media, Profero, Qype, TrustedPlaces, we are social, wunderloop, Yell, Yellix & Yelp.
Featured People: Andrew Burke CEO Amino Technologies, Dr Bernie Hogan Research Fellow at the Oxford Internet Institute, Greg Sterling Internet/Mobile Analyst, Seb Provencher Co-Founder Praized Media, Sokratis Papafloratos CEO TrustedPlaces, Dave Ingram CEO Brownbook, Felix Petersen Founder Plazes.com (Nokia), James Brown CTO Cloudmade, Simon Greenman MD - Online European Directories, Roland Bryan from Associated Northcliffe Digital and many more.
For More Information/Details on the Event Microsite or please email email@example.com.
When & Where
Local Social Labs Ltd
Local Social Summit (LSS) is an independent event for knowledge sharing and networking that explores the intersection of Local, Social and Mobile. We strive to educate and inspire with a focus on the cutting edge by showcasing emerging trends and key insights at the intersection of Local, Social and Mobile. LSS is designed for a wide spectrum of SoLoMo stakeholders, including publishers, advertisers, start-ups, app creators, technology companies and investors.
We produce an annual summit evey November. In addition, we run world-class training seminars, participate in Social Media Week and publish occasional industry report - which can be found on Slideshare. We also have a "Local Labs" initiative where we constantly experiment and run SoLoMo campaigns for SMBs to see what really works.
Past LSS events have attracted involvement from a wide range of sectors, including: academics, agencies, analysts, directories, mobile, newspapers, pureplays, retailers, startups, telecoms and TV.
Previous attendees have included people from: the BBC, Burger King, Deutsche Telekom, eBay, Eniro, European Directories, Foursquare, Google, ITV, Microsoft, Northcliffe Media, Nokia, Nomura, Ogilvy Interactive, Oxford Internet Institute, Qype, Schibsted, Swisscom, Touch Local, Yahoo, Yell, Yelp and many more.
With 60% of participants at the Executive Decision Making level with titles like: CEO, CTO, CXO, Managing Director, General Manager, Senior Vice President and/or Founder.
LSS is organised by Local Social Labs Ltd, which is based in London.